Ideafood’s top 11 marketing trends for 2011
Then, he pulled together a variety of industry experts and came up with eleven marketing trends for 2011. None of them are mind-blowing (he’s not looking five or ten years ahead, after all), but taken together they provide a strong sense of the direction business will be taking this year. All he has posted on his LinkedIn group is the headings, but they’re probably enough to get you thinking about where your priorities lie in the year ahead:
1. Useful web content will be a top priority.
2. Two minute YouTube videos will spread.
3. Customer experience will receive ongoing care.
4. Story will become a more common brand differentiator.
5. Small experiments will be seen as smart research.
6. Online specials and deals will keep growing.
7. Pay-per-click ads will link to social media more often.
8. Traditional advertising will work to add intrinsic value.
9. Face-to-face events will grow in importance.
10. Business leaders will co-create with customers.
11. And, finally, mobile marketing is the real deal.
Follow Dan on Twitter for more: http://twitter.com/Ideafood