Some useful resources and thought-leaders on the future world of work
At TomorrowToday we are constantly scanning the horizon for new trends and disruptive forces. Here are some of the books and websites that will assist you in becoming fit for the future:
- Management Innovation eXchange or MIX invites you to share stories of management innovation
- Seth Godin’s blog: Not a futurist website but great ideas and wisdom shaping the future of marketing
- NewWorldofWork: TomorrowToday’s blog on the changing world of work
- The Drucker Institute (blog): Thoughts and musings of one of the greatest management minds in history
- Fast Company: Leading magazine on business, technology and design; useful source for the most innovative companies
- The Future of Management, Gary Hamel, one of the most respected leadership gurus, gets our thumbs up!
- What Matters Now also by Gary Hamel is an agenda for building organizations that can flourish in a world of diminished hopes, relentless change and ferocious competition. Great and highly relevant read for future focused leaders.
- The Shift: The future of work is already here -Lynda Gratton, professor at LBS, gets 5 stars on amazon for her book on the changing nature of work.
- The Future of Work: How the New Order of Business Will Shape Your Organization, Your Management Style, and Your Life -Thomas Malone provides one of the most forward thinking management books we’ve read. Written almost 10 years ago about the coming management revolution, it is amazing how many of Prof Thomas Malone’s predictions are coming true. One of the best books ever written on the future of management and still hugely relevant for today’s leader.
- Megachange: The World in 2050 – a book by The Economist