Worldview shifting facts on the future of business
Take some time to work through this presentation, and do so with your team as well, asking what each of the fact means for you. This is a remarkable resource – but what are the implications for you?
A few of my favourite facts included:
- By 2030, 5 billion people – a third of the population of earth – could be middle class.
- Only 7% of Generation Y work for a Fortune 500 company.
- Over 40% of the companies at the top of the Fortune 500 in 2000 are no longer there.
- The percentage of new companies joining the Fortune 1000 has grown in each of the last four decades (1973-1983, 35%; 1984-1993, 45%; 1994-2003, 60%; 2004-2103, 70%).
- Mothers and Fathers both spend more time with their children now than they did in the 1960s (in the USA). Fathers’ time with children has tripled.
- By 2040, 3.5 billion people will run short of fresh water.
- 80% of big companies describe themselves as ‘delivery superior service’, but only 8% of their customers agree.
- 100 hours of YouTube content is uploaded every minute.
- Netflix and YouTube are responsible for 45% of all internet traffic in the USA.
- More than 620 million young people are neither working nor studying.
What do these facts mean for your business? Now and in the near future?
What facts would you add to SAP’s list?