BUILDING A CULTURE OF COOPERATION AND LEADERSHIP IN A PRIVATE BANK
CLIENT: A leading private bank with 3.95 million clients in South Africa and the UK
- Difficulty in connecting with people across the generations.
- Management wanted more spirit and unity within the organisation.
- Low morale, high staff turnover, and resistance to change.
- The client wanted creative, relational solutions, that were different to those offered by other consultancies.
- TomorrowToday acted as a source of innovative and cutting-edge ideas.
- Created a variety of programmes that were customised around the client’s style. These included:
- Interactive ‘story circles’ to assess employees’ perceptions of culture.
- Facilitation and design of training workshops.
- Presentations at conferences and workshops.
- TomorrowToday created a game using the format of a popular TV game show, to improve morale and educate staff.
- Designed themed podcasts and audio CD’s with a mentoring application. Topics included diversity, gender issues, generations and corporate social responsibility.
- Morale and unity improved.
- Managers noticed staff were more positive, inspired and enthusiastic.
- Improved product knowledge.
- TomorrowToday was placed on a retainer for over two years, as the client saw the tangible benefits we added.