8 Skills for the Future of Work
How best does one ensure that you are prepared for the ‘new world of work’? In a context of exponential change, what will it take to be ‘future-fit’? These are important questions for everyone to be asking – wherever it is you find yourself along your career path.
This keynote / workshop, based on our global experience and research, identifies and explores 8 essential skills vital to ensuring personal adaptability in a changing world.
To be successful and relevant in tomorrow’s world will demand that both individuals and organisations are adaptable. The need to be adaptable goes beyond being a strategic imperative – it is something that needs to be cultivated at a ‘DNA’ level. It necessitates being a learner and this is the focus of this new TomorrowToday presentation / workshop: what needs to be learnt today in order to develop an adaptive DNA that will make thriving tomorrow possible?
The what (it is), why (it is important) and how (to do it) of each of the eight skills will be explained. Participants will leave with a clear idea as to what the future will demand of them and how to prepare for that future today.
The eight future-fit skills our research has identified are:
- Horizon scanning and what if thinking (How to think like a Futurist and plan for different future scenarios)
- Adaptive Intelligence, sense-making and complex problem solving (Knowing what to do when no one knows what to do)
- Personal Intelligence (Being your best you)
- Diversity and Social Intelligence (Successfully build relationships and navigate social structures)
- Creativity and Intuition (Expand your thinking)
- Curiosity and Storytelling (Why asking questions and sharing stories are critical and how to be better at both)
- Initiative and entrepreneurship (Succeeding in the new economy)
- Being tech savvy (The things you need to know to keep up with the technology powering the future of work)
As a result of this presentation / workshop participants will…
- Understand the importance of ensuring that they are ready and prepared for tomorrow’s demands
- Have a contextual understanding and insight as to what these demands are and feel motivated towards developing the eight skills necessary
- Know what they can to do today in preparing themselves for tomorrow
- Appreciate what it will take to enhance their own value and contribution in the ‘new world of work’
Chat to us if you’d like to book one of the TomorrowToday team for an upcoming keynote presentation