10 recommendations for a 100% renewal future
By 2050, we could get all the energy we need from renewable sources.
This will solve most of the problems of climate change and dwindling fossil fuel resources.
Paramount will be the substantive increase in measures to conserve energy in all sectors.
We can show that such a transition is not only possible but also cost-effective, providing energy that is affordable for all and producing it in ways that can be sustained by the global economy and the planet.
You can download the report here: THE ENERGY REPORT 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY BY 2050
Here are 10 Recommendations for a 100% Renewable Energy future
- CLEAN ENERGY: Promote only the most efficient products. Develop existing and new renewable energy sources to provide enough clean energy for all by 2050
- GRIDS: Share and exchange clean energy through grids and trade, making the best use of sustainable energy resources in different areas
- ACCESS: End energy poverty: provide clean electricity and promote sustainable practices, such as efficient cook stoves, to everyone in developing countries
- MONEY: Invest in renewable, clean energy and energy-efficient products and buildings
- FOOD: Stop food waste. Choose food that is sourced in an efficient and sustainable way to free up land for nature, sustainable forestry and biofuel production. Everyone has an equal right to healthy levels of protein in their diet – for this to happen wealthier people need to eat less meat
- MATERIALS: Reduce, re-use, recycle – to minimise waste and save energy. Develop durable materials. And avoid things we don’t need
- TRANSPORT: Provide incentivesto encourage greater use of public transport, and reduce the distance people and goods travel. Promote electrification whereever possible, and support research into hydrogen and other aleternative fuels for shipping and aviation
- TECHNOLOGY: Develop national, bilateral and multilateral action plans to support research and development in energy efficiency and renewable energy
- SUSTAINABILITY: Develop and enforce strict sustainability criteria that ensure renewable energy is compatible with environmental and development goals
- AGREEMENTS: Support ambitious climate and energy agreements to provide global guidance and promote global cooperation on renewable energy and efficiency efforts