Top 5 this week in The Future of Work (19 July 2015)
- Scientists are on the cusp of these 15 discoveries that will transform the world – what a remarkable list, and what a remarkable time to be alive
- What Glassdoor Has Learned From Seven Years Of Studying Other Companies – Launched in 2008, Glassdoor aimed to create a database of company reviews, CEO ratings, and interview and benefits information from existing and former employees who could post anonymously. Reading thousands of employee reviews and ranking the best and worst places to work teaches you a lot about how to run your own company.
- I’m going to cheat with my Top 5 list, and give you another one on the same topic, also from FastCompany: 6 Surprising Insights Of Successful Employee Engagement – Leaders finally realize the importance of a fully engaged workforce. Now they should learn what practices drive and sustain happy employees.
- The Exoskeletons Are Coming – Some workers could soon strap on a power-assist suit before manoeuvring heavy objects. Robots continues to advance at pace.
- CEOs and Employees Want Change: So why isn’t it happening? – a fairly long read with a simple but interesting outline of the shift from “old power” to “new power” of CEOs
- One more from FastCompany this week: 10 C-Suite Jobs Of The Future – Step aside, chief innovation officers, and make way for chief automation officers and chief freelance relationship officers.
Our team at TomorrowToday Global is always ready and available to help you navigate this changing world of work, by understanding and preparing for the future and developing your leaders to be able to handle whatever might come your way. Contact us for more details on how we do this.